Monday, August 4, 2014

The Rise of Taeyang



'FINALLY' was the the first word I said shouted when I heard the news about the release date of Taeyang's second solo full-length album. After waiting for four good years, and worrying over him because he is showing some kind depression over his not-yet-released album (joking), fans are finally able to breathe and be relieved. It is seriously a long time to prepare an album yet it got paid off. It's really worth the wait. Fans or not, I am confident to say that a lot of people will cherish the album simply because of good music and awesome voice.This album has been on my playlist since day one the album was released and I play it over and over and over and over without showing the sign of boredom. I don't think I listened to another album other than this just until recently. 

Taeyang is known for his sweet voice and R&B music genre, and this album also gives you the similar genre. You can feel the modern R&B feeling on its intro 'RISE' where he bragged with lyrics 'Everytime that people say it's the end, i will show I'm forever'. You can tell that intro plays an important part in the whole album, it's like the mood setter, to welcome you to the album. 'Eyes, Nose, Lips' and 'This Ain't It' are two adult-R&B-semi-ballad songs in this album which will give you sorrow, lonely feeling yet very beautiful whenever you hear them. The songs are dominated by simple piano tunes allowing you to focus on his beautiful voice and the emotions it holds. 

'1AM', 'Stay With Me', 'Let Go' and 'Love You To Death' give you more beat, more sounds, just like Taeyang's signature contemporary R&B. 'Stay With Me' is another GDYB (G-Dragon and Young Bae) combo, which I anticipated a lot after both of them hinted another featuring track months before the release's date, and it doesn't fail me. Okay, it might be my emotional feeling towards their friendship, but I love the lyrics 'for worse or for better stay with me forever' on the song, as if they are saying it to each other (okay.. delusional. But maybe not lol).

'Body' is an electronic Daft Punk-ish track. Listening to the lyrics, I think it was supposed to be a some kind of sexy song for it talks about female's figure without objectifying them. 'Ringga Lingga' is, I have to be honest, was the least favorite track in this album. I wasn't really fond about it, but it starting to grow in me. Like I said, I've been listening to the album over and over and over and over. It is a hip-hop-dubstep-contemporary-R&B kind of song. Whenever I listen to it, I feel like a gangster and without realizing, I start to walk like one hahahahahaha.... 

Over all, the album is an almost ten. I don't really listen to sad-slow songs because I'm easily swayed by the emotions but not listening to this album would be a crime. I just need to deal with the overwhelming feeling I got afterwards. Four years sure are a very long time to prepare an album, to think about the concept, the flow and the mood. It's emotional. It's beautiful. It's TAEYANG.






No comments:

Post a Comment