Sunday, August 10, 2014

Daesung is showing D'SLOVE



I've been waiting for his solo album since 2008. He's been talking about making solo album since 2008. His company been talking about releasing his solo album since 2008. And now, six years later, he finally released his solo album. A Japanese solo album, but still. To be fair, last year he did release a solo album consisting his cover over already-popular Japanese songs. But this time, he actually released a solo album with new composed songs.

Among the other five members of BIGBANG, Daesung's music is probably the kind of music I listen to the least. Not necessarily hate, I just don't really listen to kind of music Daesung does for his solo album (I can say this because I know what kind of music he loves and he makes music based of what he loves and listen). Nevertheless, his amazing husky powerful voice makes me listen to every single solo he does aside from my music preferences and loving every single of it. After releasing his first Japanese solo cover album, he's greeting his fans again with another Japanese solo album, which is FINALLY consist of new written songs. The album consists of nine original songs, including the Japanese version of his previous singles Look at Me, Gwisoon and Try Smiling, and one cover song I Love You

As I expected from Daesung, his album is consisting of slow tempo songs. And the other thing that I realized was, this is a sad album. Six out of nine, his songs are about being brokenhearted. Makes me wondering just how many heartbreaks he's been through or whether he just got out from a relationship LOL.

Rainy Rainy and Awake Asleep are slow tempo songs about bad break up and the pain of being left by the people that we love. About the feeling when we encounter the memories about that person. Learning about the lyrics and listening to the music got me into sentimental feeling. Still with the similar theme, Feelings Deepened, Shut Up, Two people? Alone! and Dress gives you a medium tempo heartbreaking songs with the touch of Rock music. The composition of melody guitar, drum and piano build the rock ballad feeling for the songs which compliment Daesung's husky voice. Shut Up is another contribution from the leader, G-Dragon, for his fellow member.

Even When The World Ends is a song about expressing huge love towards another person that he can do anything for that person, give everything he has as long as they are together. The lyrics 'Everything is for you. Just stay with me, this is my happiness' and the chorus 'Even if everybody leaves and even if I lose everything. As long as you’re here I don’t need anything. I can die for you. Even when the world ends as long as you’re here, it’s all good' really got me deep. My friend speculated that this song is actually talking about his fans and how his fans are very precious to him. But the song has deep lyrics.

The other three songs in the album are the Japanese version of his previous Korean solo; Look at Me, Gwisoon and Try Smiling and also another cover of an already famous Japanese song, I Love You, which kind of disappointing because, obviously, we need more of new songs of his instead of putting the Japanese version songs or the cover song (which, may I add, they already released an album just to promote the one song). But, oh well.

This album is also another proud moment for Daesung's fans (and of course for Daesung himself) because he actually wrote lyrics for some songs. He wrote six songs out of seven new songs. He even entitled as one of the producers for this album. It's impressive. Okay, I need a moment to collect my proud tears again, excuse me :') I know he wrote one or two songs years ago and I expected him to write one or two songs for his solo album but I never thought that 85% songs for his album are written by him. Moreover as the producer. It just shows us how well prepared he is with the solo project. Six years. Damn you, YG!

D'slove is an album to show more sides of him, to explore his musicality ability and as gratitude towards his fans for showing amazing support toward him. D'slove is a prove that Daesung is an amazing singer and also amazing musician. D'slove is Daesung's love for his passion and fans.



lyrics translation from here



No comments:

Post a Comment