Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Discovered By Accident : The Nuts (더 넛츠)

So, few days ago I was sitting on my couch eating baked potato wedges while watching Yoo Hui Yeol's Sketchbook on KBS World. One of the guests for that night was The Nuts. The MC introduced the band as 'a rock ballad band'. Naturally, I don't really listen to the genre, so I just changed the channel (I'm sorry DX). When I changed it back, they were saying farewell before singing their second song. I was waiting for the next show on KBS so, I didn't change the channel again. And thankfully I didn't because once they played their song called Love Note, I was definitely in love with it. It's not like the ordinary rock ballad I've listened (or thought). It's more like britpop, something like Coldplay or Keane would do (although not exactly the same). And I think I love the song because of the husky voice of the vocalists. I immediately regretted that I missed their first performance (le sigh). 


Picture is taken from Google

So I did my research and It surprised me that Google failed me because I don't really get much about the band.  The Nuts debuted in 2004 with five members, but two of their members, Kang Il and Kim Hyun-joong, departed and leaving the group with only three members. Although reduced in number, the music force of The Nuts seemed to have grown, as their vocal talent and emotional expression have matured greatly over the years. One of the members was actor Ji Hyun Woo who might be known best as his role for drama Queen In-Hyun's Man, movie Mr. Idol or plainly Yoo In Na's girlfriend XD

After Ji Hyun Woo left for the army, the remaining members, Jung Yi Han and Kim Sung Gyeol reinvented themselves as a duo and continue the name. Since 2004, they've released five albums; The Nuts (2004), Whispers of Love (2006), Could've Been (2008), Crazy Love (2008) and Truth J (2009). They also released several singles during the years. 

After being hiatus after their latest album in 2009, they finally came back as a duo and released a single digital album Rebirth with their tittle song Love Note (the one that got me into them XD) in the early of 2013. In the same year, around December 2013, they came back as a four-members band and reinvented the members again. Aside from the original member Jung Yi Han (lead vocalist), also joined the members Na Jun Ha (vocal, guitarist), Noh Seung Hwan (base) and Kim Sang Don (drum) (he's adorable kekekeke). They released another digital single album Return To Love with tittle song Ddoreureu (translated as rolling).

 Love Note MV

Ddoreureu MV

 I know I'm late for they've been around for like ten years and they've already released a new song like months ago. But, for good music, better be late than never, right. I just wish they will do really well with this new formation and please no more restructuring kekekekeke. As I researching I found that they are underrated, I don't know why. They have amazing tunes and lyrics and voices. I'm having hard times looking for their background and songs. I rummaged around iTunes and I could only find one song. You can check youtube or last.fm to listen to their other songs, though. I'm just saying that they deserve to be  known more, imo.

I'm looking forward to their new project soon. Like VERY SOON. Hopefully a full album or EP *crossing fingers* Meanwhile, below is the performance that blew my mind and heart, made me feeling suddenly romantic and stop everything that I did kekekekekeke


Love Note performance on Yoo Hui Yeol's Sketchbook
The Nuts on Twitter
The Nuts on Youtube
The Nuts' Return To Love on iTunes  
Jung Yi Ha on Twitter
Na Jun Ha on Twitter
Noh Seung Hwan on Twitter

Source : korea-fans.com and akp

No comments:

Post a Comment