Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good food good mood: The Legend of a Lazy Lady Who finally cook part 3

Watching too much Korean Variety Shows makes me craving for lots of Korean dishes. I'm a big fan of a Korean variety show called Family Outing (패밀리가 떴다; literally translation Family's Here).  Just like the name, the show is about an outing in the countryside. They helped the locals, played games and, of course, cooking dinner and breakfast. Have you feel sudden hunger when you see someone eats? I feel that every time I watch the show. For this post, I will post the Korean Food I tried to make after watching the show.

Hoddeok or 'Korean Misro' ^^
Tofu jjeon
I have sweet tooth, means I'm craving for something sweets all the time. What really annoys me is when the craving comes at night time. Or even worse, in the middle of the night. And one of my worst case scenarios happened not long ago. Last week (or is it two weeks ago?), I watched one of the episode of Family outing (I think the guest was Kim Jong Kook?). It was winter time and Yoo Jaesuk really wanted to eat something sweet. So, Lee Hyori made Hoddeok. It's a variety filled Korean pancake, but they normally use brown sugar. I immediately googled and found a recipe from Maangchi, as my friend, Aiko, always recommend for my Korean recipes' needs ^^ I thought Hoddeok would be like another pancake I use to make, but to my surprise, it is not. The ingredients are basically the same, more or less. But, one of the ingredients is yeast and it needs approximately an hour and a half to let the dough rise T_T I decided to sleep it on and plan to make it another day. That night I ended up dreaming of eating brown sugar T_T I love the sweet taste from the brown sugar better than the white sugar. In my area, there's a traditional food called 'Misro' literally translated 'sweet inside' and it taste just like Hoddeok. Even my mom said so :p

The next food I made was a side dish-called Tofu jjeon. Well, you know tofu and Jjeon is korean Tofu jjeon is literally translated as 'tofu pancake'. I got the recipe from my friend's blog. I was cooking dinner for my brother and what I got left in the fridge is just one square tofu. One. My brother's appetite is just too wild to be served one tofu. He's an eating monster. It won't be enough. I once read tofu jjeon on her blog. It's very easy you don't need to look at the recipe to make it. You just need tofu, egg and flour. They are the basic ingredients. If you wanna add onions, garlics, scallion, etc, you are more than allowed ^^ from one tofu, I could make ten pieces of tofu jjeon ^^

Soondooboo jjigae
On my previous blog I posted about Soybean stew or Doenjang jjigae. This time I'll post about Tofu stew or Soondooboo jjigae. The ingredients and cooking process are the same. The difference would be on the broth. When Doenjang jjigae uses rice starch (or some people use beef broth instead), Soondooboo jjigae uses seafood broth. The recipe I found on Maangchi used mixed seafood and beef. But, I don't eat meat and I didn't have seafood stock at that time, so I just put Tofu (or Soondooboo), mixed vegetables and egg. Voila. You can enjoy your hot Tofu stew in this cold wheather. You can fin the recipe here




Happy cooking and happy eating, guys. Until next time ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment