Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Got A Boy??? Really???



SNSD's I Got A Boy... first time I watched the MV, my reaction was like 'Girls... you're trying too hard'. Don't get me wrong, I liked SNSD's music. They were cute. Easy listening. The choreography were easy to be followed. I liked their music. Up until 'Hoot'. Sorry.. but 'Hoot' was like the lowest point of their career. They seemed to be trying hard to change their image that they don't even sure what they are trying to do.

And they made it worse by releasing 'The Boys'. Again... I need to apologize to SONEs out there, but the MV made them like a newly debuted girl group. It looked cheap (the MV, not the girls). The song was really ear-catching but the first impression that I got from watching the MV just can't be ignored.

And now 'I Got A Boy'.... It's like the follow up song from 'The Boys'. After they 'brought the boys out', now they 'got a boy' kkkkkk.... The song itself is... how do I say it? WEIRD? I think that's the best description I can come up with. It has mixed sounds. It's like they put several genres into one song. I've heard this kind of song once, or twice, or maybe more, so I dig the experiment. The problem is.... IGAB's composer didn't try to mix the sounds smoothly. There's really no bridging between one genre to another genre. It resulted as... a medley song. Too bad.

As for their styles, again, 'Girls... you're trying too hard' I waas like 'f(x)now has 9 members????' (and to add the confusion, Yoona really looks like Krystal). Their style concept used to be classy, elegant, girly and stuffs like that. And now they're aiming to be cool, street-wear style and boyish. Just like f(x)'s concept. Lee Soo Man sajangnim... what are you trying to do? To sum it all, I love the style, but I don't like that style ON them. They can't pull it well. But Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are really gorgeous on the MV. Geez....

Girls... Naaaahh... that's not how you do it


No comments:

Post a Comment